Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Roast Turkey Breast with Potatoes, Red Onions, Garlic, & Baby Spinach

Mama Bear gave me a frozen turkey breast when I visited for the Hoover Dam/Gold Butte shoot, and I finally tried to cooked it up last night. I diced up some potatoes, quartered the small red onions from Papa Bear's garden, and peeled a pile of garlic cloves to add in the mix. My mistake -although easily fixed - was to throw everything in the oven together all at once...

  1. I would suggest first baking the diced potatoes (tossed in olive oil or butter and with salt and pepper) in a roasting pan at 400 for 25min. This will get them nice and crispy and primed for the real baking.
  2. Meanwhile, chop the red onion (large chunks) and peel the garlic cloves.
  3. Spread out the pre-baked potatoes to place thawed turkey breast in center. Brush the breast with olive oil or butter, and add oil/butter-tossed onions, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and dried basil & thyme.
  4. Bake at 325 for 50-60 min. (or according to package instructions), or until built-in thermometer pops out.
  5. Serve with baby spinach. If it's too dry, feel free to add some dressing, like a rosemary balsamic vinaigrette.


DESSERT:

Dark (or milk) chocolate with dried cranberries and raw almonds.
Oh, yes!



Leftover Ideas:
  1. Turkey & Spinach Scramble
  2. Turkey "Sloppy Joe" Baked Potatoes
  3. Turkey & Cheese on Corn Tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment