Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tuna Tacos with Spinach and Artichoke Antipasto

I wanted my first entry to be a run-down of why I decided to start this blog and what information I intend to provide, but if you know me at all, I don't need to tell you it's best for me to just jump right in. After all, my over-analyzing brain matter will leap at even the slightest chance to shackle my ability to accomplish...
So, here it is: recipe #1!

What you'll need for 1 serving/2 tacos:
  • 2 corn tortillas (double-up if you'd prefer)
  • approx. 1/3 c. shredded mozzarella
  • 1 5-oz. can tuna in water
  • approx. 1 1/2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
  • salt & pepper
  • approx. 1 1/2 c. baby spinach leaves
  • approx. 1 1/2 Tbsp Artichoke Antipasto spread from Trader Joe's
  • half of an avocado
  1. Drain tuna and mix with mustard, salt & pepper to taste (don't make the mixture too wet!). Set aside.
  2. Mix the spinach and Artichoke spread - this should be a LIGHT coating on the leaves. Set aside.
  3. Heat the tortillas on super low directly over a gas range (or on a dry skillet if you're weird about that). Sprinkle with cheese as soon as you flip them over so the cheese gets all melty n yummy.
  4. Remove from heat, top with tuna & spinach mixtures and the avocado.
  5. Consume, then graciously accept your mouth & belly's gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment